Expert in-person and online (remote) training on translation, language and content tools, skills and workflows.
Fully tailored to the needs of your business and audience abilities.
Invest in and reward your staff with these exciting, collaborative and innovative sessions, which are designed to help develop the professional skill set of content teams, copywriters, translation teams, and language students alike. Explore a variety of interactive, practical and fun word-based activities, exercises and games that really get the creative juices flowing and foster inclusivity. Feedback on these sessions highlights what a great way they are to meet new colleagues and build productive working relationships across a business. So they also make great team-building and corporate away-day activities for everyone – not only those working with words.
Get in touch for your free quote and bespoke agenda.
FOR TRANSLATION TEAMS
FOR WRITERS & LINGUISTS
FOR LANGUAGE STUDENTS
• Building a Career in Translation
• Transcreation for Brand, Marketing & Advertising
• Terminology Management
• Website, App, Game and Software Localisation
• International English and Global English Variants
(UK, UK, AU, CA, SG, HK, IN, IE)
• Brand Writing and Brand Tone of Voice
• Computer Aided Translation
• Skills for Translators into English
• CAT Tool Training
• Translation Environments & Tools
• Machine Translation
• Translation Memories
• Terminology Management Software
• Translation Project Management
• Quality Assurance
• Word-processing, Spreadsheets & Presentations
• Authoring Tools (Acrolinx)
BRAND-WRITING & brand VOICE AND TONE
A practical and interactive workshop exploring the importance and principles of Brand Voice & Tone in commercial content. Application of these learnings through fun activities and guided writing exercises designed to really get the creative juices flowing using content examples from successful, distinctive brands and the participant's own business.
Brand Voice is not what you say, but how you say it.
A consistent and authentic Brand Voice helps you to:
o Start a meaningful conversation with your customer
o Foster customer engagement and loyalty
o Communicate your value effectively
o Stand out from the crowd and competitors
o Attract like-minded staff
o Strengthen and unify your brand
o Reach more of the right kind o customers
o Improve user experience
o Build customer relationships, credibility and trust
o Open doors to new audiences
Who would benefit from this workshop?
Companies and businesses:
- with no set brand identity wishing to create a strong brand voice
- wishing to make a diluted brand voice more consistent and consolidate their content assets
- looking to rebrand or who have recently rebranded
- who don’t have a dedicated in-house copywriter or brand expert
- who have lots of different and separate teams producing content who wish to unify their brand voice for greater impact
Teams and individuals:
- marketers and brand executives looking to develop their commercial content-writing skills
- sole traders who have to “do it all” including writing all their own content
- freelance writers and bloggers wanting to break into commercial copywriting
- website developers and graphic designers who are asked to just “fill in” copy for their clients
- non-content teams looking for a fun team-building activity
- freelance translators and translation teams working on transcreation and in the brand/marketing specialism
Learn about the importance of terminology in translation and/or copywriting teams to produce consistent, unambiguous content that supports your brand's identity and builds customer engagement.
Fun, practical and tailored workshops which demonstrate the need and benefits of managing terminology using real content examples from your company. A series of interactive and collaborative exercises which build into a friendly team competition. Light-bulb moments guaranteed!
TRANSCREATION for brand, marketing & advertising
In this workshop, participants will get an insight into the workings of corporate brand, advertising and marketing departments. This is a really fun workshop aimed at getting participants excited about creative translation and giving them some skills and familiarity to start working in this field.
WEBSITE & APP LOCALISATION
Participants will gain an insight into what it means to translate software, apps, games and websites. It gives them a chance to become familiar with technical concepts and practices. This is a field of translation that will only continue to grow and makes a great addition to anyone’s CV.
COMPUTER AIDED TRANSLATION TOOLS
Participants will understand the importance of technology in the life of a freelance translator. Dispelling myths and suspicions of the past poorly performing tools, and learning to embrace modern and innovative tools that help and not hinder. Key to this is an increase in consistency and productivity that helps to counteract rate erosion.
GLOBAL ENGLISH, INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH & LOCAL ENGLISH
Fun activities focused on the differences between global English differences in spelling, pronunciation, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary and idiom. Interesting and lesser-known variations between US, UK and AU English.
What international English means and how you can implement this in your company.
A must for any international business or any teams wanting to have fun with words.
BUILDING A CAREER IN TRANSLATION
In this workshop, participants will gain insights into the life of a translator to help them decide if this is the career for them. They will also get practical advice and tips and tricks to help get them started in this field.
SKILLS FOR TRANSLATORS INTO ENGLISH
Participants will gain the practical skills needed to be masters of their native language. Placing a heavy emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy that can be applied to a wide range of texts, allowing participants to diversify their portfolio from translation, to copy editing, transcription and trusted agency Language Leads.